EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 am

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Paranoia » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:14 am

I got a similar effect in the JPN version, I was randomly leveling on floor 5 and got the best sword in the game, it ruined the challenge :P.

Just got my English copy, I am using my favorite party setup that I formulated from the JPN version:

Ronin, Magus , Ronin
Alchemist, Hexer

Awesomeness imo.

Btw maxine Magus's don't need a hexer, their buffs are insanely good, but I guess if you have a medic they are rather pointless.

Oh and Amrita's:

[spoiler]Floor 14, and they go for 2000en.[/spoiler]

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Entered my password, then created what I like to call Team Ownage.

Team Ownage consisted of...

Front Row:
Zero (Ronin)
Alpha (Landsknecht)

Back Row:
X (Survivalist)
Axl (Gunner)
Cinnamon (Medic)

I still have my original guild name, Darkfire. I just felt this team has been doing very well so far in the labryinth so I gave that party of 5 the nickname of "Team Ownage".

After equipping everyone with the best stuff I could buy, it was time to delve into the new labryinth and see just how badly I'd possibly get owned.

Time to start spoilers now.

Floor 1-3, start of floor 4
[spoiler]Got taken by a guard on 1F to another part of the level. Oh boy, this is going to be fun already :P.

Battles weren't too bad thankfully. Nothing I couldn't handle.

It wasn't long until I hit a meadow that asked me if I wanted to rest there.

My response: "Oh no, I know what happened when I tried to rest in a similar meadow in EO1. I'm leaving."

I thought that'd work.

Apparently, it said something about being too slow.

Me: "Uh oh."

Venomflies attacked.

Me: "This is NOT going to end well, that much I know."

Turns out I got lucky. The one time I saw a Venomfly go for Poison...it whiffed on the entire party. Thanks to that, I managed to kill them without a death and had plenty of TP on Cinnamon to patch up injured characters and still have some to spare.

After the completion of the first quest, it was time to explore, chat with townsfolk, and grind on 1F until lv5 so Cinnamon could have max Scavenge. Scavenge rocks in EOII.

FOE on 1F...ignored as I pretty much knew that having no poison inducing character would mean it's near impossible at the moment to kill it.

Mapped out 1F, went to 2F, searched the area. Dodged FOEs, had fun killing stuff. It wasn't too bad...until I met 3 Crawlers. Yeah, that was fun. Nobody got killed in that fight, but the Crawlers sure could hit hard.

After going back to town for healing, I made a team of item point farmers. Namely to utilize the "Take" item points on 1F. Scored some nifty items that unlocked some useful items in the shop.

Took Team Ownage down to 3F after finishing the mapping of 2F (At least the spots I could search). Met some pet, went to a strange thing on my map, got introduced to someone, then activated the Geo Pole and got out quickly via Warp Wire (I was running low on TP for everyone).

Rested, restocked, then attempted to kill the FOE on 1F, Grashtor. Good thing I saved just beforehand because I couldn't quite kill it before I got Game Over'd (1st one).

2nd attempt at it was after I had taken a quest related to said FOE. I wasn't really expecting it to go aggro and kinda got into a fight with it with my back turned to a wall. I got promptly owned for Game Over #2.

3rd time was the charm as I managed to do everything right and kill it, losing only two party members in the process.

Back to 3F after the usual. I get informed of a new and likely very strong FOE in the area. Damn, they don't stop do they? This took a bit more thought in regards to getting past it, but I did.

Enemies on 3F got a fair deal stronger, but I held until I had to go on one of those "Go back to town for a quest to pass this door" deals.

Good thing I saved before heading back because I fudged up in the room with trying to lure a Furylord out of a passage I needed to go down and essentially wasted my Lure Bell. Resetted, did it right, completed quest.

After that, I've just been finishing up stuff on 3F and lower, including an item run at the item point near the 3F Geo Pole (With a different team of item farmers).

Funny thing though...I got ambushed by some gigantic ass flower that was owning my item farmers left and right, but I escaped just in time.

This morning...I rested Team Ownage to better focus skill points into what I want. I also managed to kill 4 Furyhorns on 2F with the assistance of Force Skills. With full Force meters for everyone, I can kill 2 at least (Killing them one at a time though). Issen + All Out used for one alongside everyone else's attacks, then utilizing Riot Gun at the right time for 2nd Furyhorn.

I still managed to fudge it up on the 2nd Furyhorn and get Game Over'd though :P.

Other than that, I've gotten to the 4th floor. Haven't explored it though. Will do so today. Everyone in Team Ownage is at lv8.

[/spoiler]
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Floor 4
[spoiler]My first thought was: How am I going to die on this floor? I've basically Game Over'd at least once on every single floor thus far.

As for how I Game Over'd on floor 3, I got owned by Stalkers. Thought I used my Sleep Bell correctly, but must have used something else on accident.

That or Stalkers are just plain bastards. One of the two.

Back to floor 4, this couldn't get any worse, could it?

*Sees Blue FOE*

...It got worse.

Traveling through 4F, new enemies were fairly deadly. Evil Eye in particular. Either I got really unlucky or it's fixed, but got ambushed by one everytime it was the only enemy in battle.

It ain't pretty when its Tackle can one shot my Ronin, that's for sure.

Needed a couple trips in 4F to finish it. One trip went to hell when I got blindsided by a FOE known as Raptor and promptly owned into Game Over land (God I love having my back to a wall so I can't escape. It ain't pretty).

Hit the Geo Pole on 5F and got the hell outta dodge. Going to do some quests, maybe try to get to some of these item points, and so on.

Main party is lv10. Expecting to get Game Over'd by either a FOE that blindsides me or the boss of this stratum.[/spoiler]
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:53 pm

OH MY GOD. Hold on. Anybody. Tell me if you were on a Digimon forum about 4 or 5 years ago.

So. Yeah. No girls on intarwebz. Pics nao. Etcetera, etcetera.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:26 pm

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:01 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:38 pm

[spoiler]That damn Squirrel swiped another of my warp wires on 10F T_T[/spoiler]

Found script/grammatical errors on 10F:
- Around A6, you'll come across some random Guard.
- at one point in the conversation, the narration says:

"This quasi-guard is is selling
Warp Wires<color,0> here for a ludicrous sum."

Errors:
- "is is"
- "<color,0> "

[spoiler]wait a minute, If I just got my warp wire(s) stolen by that squirrel, and he was nearby, selling warp wires......HE MUST BE IN CAHOOTS WITH THAT ACCURSED SQUIRREL!! XD[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:18 pm

LOL and Innkeeper's message when you reach 9F
[spoiler]The one where she says
"Every time I see you, you're all scratched and bruised up! That's fine for men, but I don't know if that's any way for a lady to behave! Someone wtih all those scars would have a hard time finding a husband"

... :3 I can't help but think that she's talking to Tess. ^_^; My poor Medic...

I'll post about my Stratum 2 experiences later[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 pm

Floor 5 up to the boss
[spoiler]For once, I didn't die from running headfirst into a FOE. I almost died in one other battle though. Can't remember what happened, but it wasn't pretty.

Found a shortcut to make it to the boss's chamber easier without needing to travel all over 5F.

With that outta the way, I can finish up some quests and grind for a bit. I don't think lv12 for my team is going to cut it against the boss :P.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Quest "Speciment Collection"
[spoiler]KYAAAAAA!! XD Someone who is cuter than Abigail!! OMG, I want a pic of her to put up as my avvy! Damn, with an assistant like that, no wonder Dr. Stiles loves his job so much.[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:47 pm

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”