EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Khrysaor! That's the farthest I've made it to. I remember cause that was the last time I reset my EOIII :3 After Lapin I started wondering if in any way the calender system in EO was related to the Chinese zodiac, and this backs that claim up pretty nicely. I also wanted to know all the months too, thanks PLA :)

fauxsquared
Ogre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby fauxsquared » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Zeta look cute fillies.

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby Etrian Veteran » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:06 am

*Spiral uses a Nectar!*

So, I just beat the Chimera today, and am just about finished with the 6th floor. I get distracted by something, and after returning to the game, I want to go do something else. Only to return hours later and realize I didn't save.

FC: 3952-7612-1296

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:01 am

yeah, sucks man :/

i remember doing that after Colossus
always.save.often. e.e
lost about ~3 hours of progress

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 am

I'm a compulsive saver. And my immediate memory is horrible, so sometimes I'll save, look away for a second, forget if I saved, and save again just to be sure. Sometimes three times. And I always try to save after getting any new or remotely rare-ish monster drop or gather item, because my luck is extremely shitty and the RNG hates my guts. This is also why I shun bind/status skills; they never hit no matter what. Ever. And monsters always land just the right bind/status on just the right character at just the right bleedin' time that it makes it really hard to believe it isn't rigged, sometimes.

Even being crazy about saving, it is not uncommon for me to close the DS and come back some time later not remembering whether I'd saved before leaving, but fearing that that session may have been one where I was dicking around and would NOT want to save, so I'll reset and resign myself to losing whatever progress there was to lose, over the risk of saving a session where I rested everyone to mess around with skills and wasted away valuable healing items while testing stuff.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:22 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:57 am

So retiring at 99 for perfect stats apparently amounts to 1733 total levels.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 am

| |

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:21 pm

I need a new team build for this upcoming file. My usual team build was like so:
Lan/Pro/Dar
Med/Gun

Now normally I would have gone with a Survivalist instead of a Protector but I hear they got nerfed badly. (Or is it still possible to be good with with?) Anywho, I like the Protector but they're not meant to do a lot of damage. And that's kinda what I want. I would want my Protector to do what it's meant to do: take most of the hits, but they aren't very useful to me in the beginning.

Now I've been thinking of going with a Ronin but their low Defense and constant "Stands" push me away. Anyone got any good suggestions?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 am

Hmmmm... understandable seeing as I figure the Lan will probably need to use War Cry or whatever to deal the same damage (or as close) as the Ronin does. A potent damage dealer/receiver, if that makes sense, is what I hope to get in the end. Thanks Wolken :3

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:59 am

Alright, so I've reached the third stratum and I'm on the 14F now. Just kind of strolling about I decide to actually face one of the Deep Red FOEs that only move at night. Well he's in front of a treasure box, so I run into the fight and run into a VERY FAMILIAR FACE. I played EO3 first, so seeing this guy I'm like "Oh, hey, its you." (Being totally vague on purpose to avoid spoilage of course!)

Well, I never found it if he had anything else but his normal attack, but after getting him down to half health and Instant-killing with Climax with a level 35/36 under-equipped team, I was very pleased. I recieve his drop, I smile, and then I open the treasure chest. The treasure was a useless piece of Gauntlets that I sold for profit.

Beating FOEs before you're supposed to = Good Times.

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”