Moderator: ItL Moderators

359 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EO Rantage

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 am

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 am

This where we complain? Blew through 5 days in that darn maze today, I never want to see a plant monster again.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:28 am

^_^ ON 5TH FLOOR!!

......... I think I fucked up on my poor Medic. Somehow, Salve does better healing for a single person than Cure does. .... Meh oh well... not TOO bothered by that. Especially when it's still only just 3 more TP points spent. Also have decided to make a battle medic and moved her to the front.

What the fuck, though. This game baffles me sometimes. How can I get hit several times by a monster in previous battles but never die then suddenly one battle it's a 1 hit KO on a party member - and it wasn't a critical hit by the monster that I could tell. :\ Can't wait until I open up Nectars. .... I can't remember how, though.

[] - [] - [] - []

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 pm

I've been pretty much ignoring cure myself. Granted, I'm not the most experienced player out there (I'm on the floor knee-deep in ants right now), but I figure it's far more mana efficient to wait for another character to have damage as well, and then heal the 2+ at once.

I healed a whole bunch back when I played WoW, and if cure/salve were spells in that game, I probably wouldn't have even bothered putting cure on my bars.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:01 am

I think I mentioned it before but yeah, Cure III isn't really all that useful. The AoE heals are powerful enough to conserve your party's well being.

IIRC I think Salve II does cost more TP than Cure III though.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:26 am

Cure III maxed out costs 10 TP. Which, by the way, is less than Cure II costs when maxed out, making Cure II... not the best.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Salve II costs... 20, I believe? Heals for about 350 maxed out IIRC

So, if 2 injured members are fixed up, it's even, and if 3 or more are healed, it's increasingly more efficient. Again, I was a raid healer, so I sort of use a similar style in my playthrough of only intervening when characters are in danger of dying without the heal, in order to maximize efficiency by waiting for more members to get hit.

That being said, I hate random damage spikes. :(

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 pm

To me, it's a question of whether I need to heal one person, or multiple people right NOW. I only maximize efficiency outside of battle. Inside it, I'm a lot more worried about safety.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 am

If you're going for a dedicated healbot, you'll probably end up with both Cure III and Salve II anyway. Its only for those daring enough to use a combat Medic, that will probably not consider using Cure III. Since the amount of SP you'll need for Caduceus and ATK Up is pretty steep.

So worth it though!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 am

For the later game, I was relying mostly on Salve II (I think), but yeah, I agree. Most of the game it is better to concentrate on the Salves since most battles end up with a bunch of party members hurt. Still, during the first half of the game I thought it was kinda humorous to see that I had sorta made my character a little screwy like this.

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Alriiiiight. Finally unlocked Ronin. 8)

Would have unlocked it several days earlier if I hadn't marked a passageway as a wall. =/

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 am

I hate it when I do that.

[] - [] - [] - []

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 pm

I couldn't find one of the ankhs because of that. Need to pay more attention.

| |

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 am

Fun fact: When I first purchased EO 1, I used to prounounce "Caduceus" as "Ca-douche-ious"... I got told to stop in high school... :/

359 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”