EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOV Rantage!!

Postby heprea » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:26 pm

WHY CANT I REMEMBER TO (re)SUMMON WRAITHS & DOG WHEN I ENTER THE DUNGEON!?

*quick edit*
also it seems that by the time of the European release time some of the downloadable content had "expired", kinda dissapointing. :\

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 pm

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Mole-chan I....

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:04 am

Stratum 3 is tearing me apart. It has great atmosphere but the enemies annoy me.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:49 am

eastc
Ragelope

Postby eastc » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:09 am

Can you have abilities of multiple classes on the same character or do you lose all the old skills when you alter class?
EO4: LND/SM

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:19 am

Alter class completely changes your class, so you lose all your old abilities.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 am

Hoy! It's been a while!

Started the main game on Tuesday (couldn't wait for EU physical release), now at the third stratum. Back when the game went out in Japan, I was very found of the Shaman design, and my boyfriend dared me to build a team with at least two Shamans, so...

Here's the Abyss Guild (around level 33-34):

Asmee (Earthlain - Harbinger - Deathguard): Leader, mix of damage and support. Here to debuff accurancy and defense of foes, and slash them to the death. Still need to unlock the party-heal and ailment protection.

Larius (Earthlain - Botanist - Grace Poisoner): Now that I have access to the legendary names, I'll probably reclass him as another Harbinger. Botanist was fine for the first stratums because Blind and Poison are extremely strong in early game, but now I lack damages mainly, so probably going to be a Deathbringer soon.

Frida (Therian - Fencer - Phantom Duelist): Dodge tank, it's been a while since I wanted to build one in EO. Still trying to figure out which skills are best to level up first so she can survive as long as possible. Looks like they're way better in late game once you have unlock most of their toolkit. But she does the job so far.

Riko (Brouni - Shaman - Divine Herald): Passive healer and buffer. I really like how the Shaman plays out, reminds me of the Untold Troubadour, with less empty turns.

Legu (Celestrian - Shaman - Divine Punisher): It's awesome how little Mana Oracle costs (only 10 mana before rank 5), which makes it useful even against random encounters. Love him, even though he's in paper.

Love the game so far, stratum 3 is creepy as hell, it's rare to have this kind of creepyness so early in the game! Ennemies are annoying, though, they hit like a truck, and Frida, my Fencer, doesn't have enough dodge-power yet to handle long runs in the Labyrinth. Not having a main healer isn't too annoying right now, and it's going to be better later in the game.

Can't wait to see more of it, I feel like it's going to be one of my favourites EO so far :)
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Alrighty, got my one gathering party member up to lv10 and transferred the file to the full version. Played through 4F, did a couple quests. Everyone's lv12 right now.

4F spoilers can be summed up as follows -

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 pm

I wanna shake the hands of whoever thought of that event. XD Can't. Stop. Laughing.

[] - [] - [] - []

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:50 am

Stratum 1 boss down. Everyone was lv15 for it. Thoughts below.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:17 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

So I just discovered the DLC and noticed the alternative soundtrack with FM sounds is no longer available (and neither are the adventure quests that increase EXP)? I know someone else mentioned it somewhere but I am kind of miffed.

In other news I finally got the Memory Conch and I also got to defeat the Owlbear with my A-Team. Does that mean there is no New Game + in this series or does that mean that this EXP share would benefit the non-active teams I have as well?

Sorry for so many questions. Thought I'd ask now.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:52 am

I think I read that the DLC that are not yet available (but will be at a later date) are also listed as "expired". Confusing, but it doesn't mean you missed them.

Btw, does anyone call that FOE by it's proper Owlbeast name instead of Owlbear?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 am

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”