EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
AwesomePreußen
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby AwesomePreußen » Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 am

What is the Fan Dance/Speed Boost glitch?

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Taking Speed Boost negates the huge evasion boost of Fan Dance, and Speed Boost may or may not give you evasion bonuses even by itself, not too clear on that bit.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 am

Oh man, nearly completed the game! Now I'll just max forge these super weap-

Oh, have to beat that one boss 2999 times?

;_;

Also screw , screw it and it's goddamn binds. I always seem to do just enough damage to make it do that on every 4th turn and it winds up unbinding its head by itself. Not that it's super difficult, just really annoying, especially since it kinda cripples my Linker.
When you're alone, always remember:

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 28, 2013 9:44 am

Yes if you want to have the real super weapon.
If you just want the phantom weapon though, a method I haven't tried is to collect 9 first, save at inn, buy and forge and equip it, rush to the Cargo Wharf, put your character to the guild card, generate a QR code, use a camera to record it, and reset your 3DS. This should let you create a phantom of your character with super weapon equipped.

Just control your damage output - focus fire only after every 5th turn to make sure it is head bound during every 5th. Normally I kill it before the bound is restored with the aid of a Black Mist.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue May 28, 2013 4:20 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Thu May 30, 2013 1:21 am

I haven't defeated any dragons because my party can't survive absolute zero and the like. Is there some kind of pattern to this attack I haven't noticed?

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 am

Hints: get it head bound and always have the corresponding rune buff on your members. I think there is no clear pattern except that it doesn't use the superweapon in the first few turns and will use it the first time the turn after it cast a elemental debuff on you.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 am

The legendary food in each land is basically meant to help you to survive the attacks of the dragons. In that line, you'd better keep up a LV3(+) Rune as mentioned for better resistances. If you have a Fortress, you can give the Fortress an elemental charm, have the rune up, and then utilize Party Shield, the elemental attack will only do single-digit damage (including resistance food).
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 pm

The Blizzard King is dead! Snowdrome was right about it using the super move the turn after the elemental debuff. Ice rune was my only form of ice resistance, and it wasn't enough for a single person to survive. What I finally did was have Kirjonen use party shield and die. Then I healed everyone with Hygieia's Bowl. I got lucky with stun a couple of times, too. The other 2 dragons may be more difficult without Kirjonen, but I should be able to handle them.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm

so i'm grinding in the 6th maze right

then ruinous pollen gets a full party wipe despite i have petrify resistance

i lost over 10 levels of grinding from that one wipe

FML

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:47 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Its the third day of June and I'm already falling into despair while waiting for the European release of this game. :(

COME ON!

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 am

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Postby KitsuKitsu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 am

I just beat the Warped Savior without any Chemicals, with my own personalized party (That means no class spamming, like 3 Runemasters in the backrow...)!

The party was this:
Front: L/B N/B F/D
Back: R/B A/M

I'll post a thread with the details on it coming up; including battle sequence and eventually QR codes for the party.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Mole-chan I....

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”