EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Skele Von Mann » Sat May 18, 2013 7:54 am

Ah good, I felt a tad too tempted with certain builds in the previous games. And I wouldn't expect less from a late game class (thankfully, Droid and Shogun felt a little gimmicky).

Though I'd still have to consider subclasses though.
When you're alone, always remember:

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 am

Double post yeah, but are there any quick grindin' ways aside from the old "auto battle while watching something" idea?

Not that I want to power level to 99 or whatever, it's just a bit time-consuming to level up a new guild member up.
When you're alone, always remember:

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Mon May 20, 2013 3:46 am

For leveling there are mainly 2 ways - farming for golden dreameaters in the 2nd land or autopiloting overnight.
Check for the details. Ctrl+F for Wolkenritter's post on dreameater technique and Ydhadix's post on the autopiloting.
But I recommend doing this only after you have beaten the main game.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 21, 2013 2:12 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 21, 2013 5:27 am

For area binding, Arcanist is certainly better.
For single binding, well, if you can do some crazy thing*, Arcanist is better...
Well, under normal circumstance, S/A is better in single binding.

*Crazy thing like equiping a 99LUC, max Aliment Boost Arcanist with two Yggdrasil Dagger with 8 head bind forges. This has been used for .
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 am

halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby halifix » Tue May 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Well, got my first party wipe on the first optional boss. The pierce is really annoying. I think this is the longest I've gone into an EO game without wiping, though. The difficulty curve seems well-done.

Do bind forges have any effect on physical skills? Or was going crit on my sniper the way to go?

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Tue May 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Bind forges only apply to regular attacks. It does count if you attack multiple times, but not for chases.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Wed May 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Interesting. my dancer got paralyzed in a battle. When she tried to attack, the first attack hit, but paralysis stopped her second attack... yet somehow, her third attack worked. I may have been her sub-weapon attack from nightseeker tho; I was speeding through the battle.

And I got my first guild card yesterday! I've had the game for a week, and usually bring/play it on the subway. 3DS doesn't leave the house on weekends (I just got it last week anyways).

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Thu May 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Unless I go shopping (and I can go shopping on weekdays), I am in close proximity to many more people on weekdays. I probably pass ~300 people on a weekday, and maybe ~20 on a weekend. I'm lazy and drive on weekends, since I already bike to and from the subway on weekdays.

I don't play it outside, except on the subway, or when I know I'll have to wait a long time somewhere.

Does Streetview work at, say, traffic light stops? As in, can it communicate with other DSes in cars that aren't directly next to my bike/car?

EDIT: So does the Fan Dance/Speed Boost glitch still exist? Will I get glitched on a Fortress/Dancer?

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat May 25, 2013 3:38 am

I don't think they really have a way to fix it. So, basically, "don't ever use Dancer's speed boost" and "Don't use N/D or D/N's speedboost"

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat May 25, 2013 7:13 pm

"Don't use speed boost with any form of Dancer"

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Sat May 25, 2013 9:12 pm

:( I was hoping that I wouldn't have to sacrifice some defense to improve my Fortress's speed... but I'd much rather have Fan Dance than Speed Boost.

I noticed that on the skill sim http://www.crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skill ... llsim.html it lists Imperial's Hawkeye as making the enemy take increased damage, not just elemental damage. So does it work with melee attacks too?

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun May 26, 2013 3:54 am

That skill sim has some bugs, so refer to your game should there be a contradiction.
Hawkseye affects any damage that is elementally affinities (untyped is not an element), which includes the elemental Drives and normal attack with elemental forged weapons. It affects the total damage rather than only the elemental damage portion.

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”