Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: August 4th)

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

136 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Re: Pathfinder RPG - Come play!

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:38 pm

No problem, Yuna!

I'll be online all day today, but at my IRL Pathfinder group, so my focus will be spotty. I'm willing to help anyone get set up, answer questions, etc. You can chat me on AIM, via Hamachi, or on VTable. I'll be hosting on all the servers if you want to play around the connections or just familiarize yourself with the programs.

@Character Sheets

Yes, I'l like to see everyone's sheets. Feel free to post character descriptions, pictures, bios, feats/abilities, focuses, etc. here in the thread. Especially as people start building characters, it's helpful to know how the rest of the party functions.

I'm working on a dropbox or website or something where everyone can upload their PDFs. Gimme a bit to get that settled out, yeah?

Also I'm posting the first session game summary here in a few minutes.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Starfe » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

Bard*
Bards are perfect for those who want a little bit of everything. They perform an assist role in most parties, and often feature prominently as a 5th character in a 4 man party, or as the party face, filling in all the gaps that many traditional parties have outside of combat. The bard truly is the jack of all trades, possessing some magic, being capable in melee combat, and having a wide range of skills and enough skill points to make them very useful in a number of skill challenge situations. One of the highlights of the Bards skill repertoire is “Bardic Knowledge” the ability of bards to roll a knowledge skill check in any category, regardless of training. Strange runes on a dungeon door? The bard might know. Weather patterns of a particular mountain range? The bard might know. Religious traditions of an obscure cult? The bard might know! In combat, bards play a support role, using spells to buff their friends and debuff their foes in the form of performances, often musical. But you need not be a lute playing tavern musician, bards can also take the form of orators, spurring their allies to victory with inspirational, Henry V, style speeches. Bard’s are ideal for players who are strong roleplayers, as the class is personality heavy. Mechanically it is an excellent class for new players, as you can comfortably learn the mechanics of skills, melee combat, and magic without having to devote your entire character to that field, but bards can be a tough roleplaying challenge for new players, or more reserved players.

Possible roleplay backgrounds to warrant the mechanics:

1) The musician: This is the typical bard background. Often a pleasant tavern musician, who plies his trade but is tired of wasting his great talents on drunks for a coin here or there. This type of bard would likely be very well rounded.

2) The writer: This could be a chronicler or a poet, who is enamored with the party’s heroics and tags along, unwittingly bolstering them in combat. This type of bard would likely be weaker in combat, but very useful as a booster.

3) The Face: This is the ultra charismatic bard. Extremely knowledgable, very high skills, high intelligence, high charisma, fluent in several languages. This type of bard functions as the parties diplomat, talking to princes and priests in the way the fighter or rogue just cant. This type of bard might be weaker in combat, but eager to work with a party for the sake of protection.

officedge
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby officedge » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:44 am

Hughes: Raised by his adoptive parents in a small town with no name, Hughes had a fairly normal childhood. Then, when he turned fifteen, his power began to manifest. The first time it manifested, it was his first kiss with future Mrs. Hughes. He nearly electrocuted her to death, and that ended that relationship. As the electricity grew more frequent and powerful, Hughes family had to lock him in the house all day and couldn't go anywhere near him. Over the course of his imprisonment, Hughes realized that he had probably a worse life hear, than he would anywhere else, so he packed up his things and walked away. A little ways out of town, Hughes realized that he had never left the village border, and turned back to get directions, but the instant he started to turn, Hughes felt a familiar hand on his shoulder and heard a woman's voice, just audible above the wind, say, "Look left." Hughes turned his head to the left and suddenly found himself in the middle of a street in a bustling city. Although Hughes didn't have the slightest clue where he was, Hughes quickly set about finding the tallest building in town, where all the knowledgeable were sure to be gathered. There Hughes was informed that he was in the city of Etria. Luckily for Hughes, he shook hands with the man who explained all of this to him and electrocuted him a little, because the other people there were quick to pick up on the fact that Hughes was a sorcerer and sent him off to Hildegard and the Pathfinder Society to give him some training so he wouldn't be a public menace. Seeing potential in Hughes, Hildegard hired a trainer for him, and his magic quickly flourished. After some research, Hughes discovered that his ancestors clearly must have been djinni, so to honor them Hughes took up the practice of wearing a turban everywhere. Now that his training is complete, Hughes is remaining in the society to pay off his very expensive debt to Hildegard for his tutelage.

Most of Hughes's spells are offensive with only a little utility, almost no illusion, and no status boosting.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 am

Grab me a pic of how you picture him and I'll make you a custom pog for our next session.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 pm

sssoooo was there nothing today

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Absolutely nothing, was on Hamachi two hours early and watched all day. Poor Toben will never be found.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 am

Kino being out of town and all.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah, last week she said she couldn't do it till the 23-24th

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 am

OH

right

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 am

http://roll20.net/

tl;dr basically a greatly improved gametable, running out of a browser, with built in functions for things like quickly creating new npc markers and playing music to all of the players

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 am

Checked it out, and it looks very nice!

But then my smile inverted when I found out it requires Flash.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 am

I'll try to do this. xP I don't know how often I can, because of work and everything. I actually do need to try a genuine PnP campaign once, so lemme see what I can make.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 am

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 am

Well, looking at the classes, while I would want to go with something simple, the Cavalier just seems very appealing. xD Order of the Blue Rose or Seal (in which case, the charge would either be Etria or the party, but that would be a bit unfair if I said the party was his charge. xD).

Now to work on the character sheet and get the downloads. >_>;;

EDIT: This might take awhile, now that I'm reading everything on that site and feeling more and more confused. Maybe I should do a tutorial campaign somewhere else, first. xD

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:14 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

136 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”