My Nintendo DS *sob*

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

170 posts
Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:46 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:37 pm

SO! I called Nintendo at your guys' suggestion. First: This is this first time I've ever called their helpline. OMG THEY HAVE INTELLIGENT SPEAKING PEOPLE!! (*was expecting to chat with some arabian or mexican*) Edit: errr, lol, after reading this comment I think I should better clarify myself 'cause it sounded wrong. I mean: I'm not good with accents. I suck at them. @_@ I'm like "what did you say?" "Huh?" "Repeat please?"

Second: probably the most humorous part of the situation is when I told him the problem I've been having he went dead silent (well, he tried to go through all the normal problems, like the charger - I told him the charger worked just normal)... stuttered a few times and asked me to repeat. We both kind of laughed because this is a VERY strange and unique problem I'm having.

Third: (and the reason I called) He tried to, at first, charge me the original price listed on the website. So I took a deep breathe and made an attempt at weedling. My dad is a MASTER of getting things cheaper. I've never actually done it. I mean, years of watching him but my feeling has always been "not worth it... just pay the original price and go on with life". Today was probably the first day I actually ever tried some of the lines that I've heard him use before.
"$82 (tax was included and all that jazz)? Is there no way we can get it reduced?"
"Well, no, you see, the warranty has expired."
"Yeah, I know, and I understand that. However, $75 is just SO MUCH. And it's for a problem that's not even my fault. I didn't even drop the system or anything, you know."
"Well..."
"Isn't there any way to lower the price? I mean $75 is SO much. Even $50 would be a lot better."

He sighed and told me he'd see what he could do. He took my address and phone number and information and came back with a reduced price of $57! Okay, not so much cheaper, but.. hell... I'll take it -_-;

We just don't have the screwdriver and my dad just doesn't have time to attempt to fix it, PLUS, looking at screens of the inside of the DS, there's quite a few parts that could be wrong.

:( So, I'm sending my system in for repairs. *Cries* My DS... I just need to find a box and all and then I'll ship it out tomorrow. <_< I've never shipped with Fedex before. I've received packages from them, of course, but I'm the sort that just drops off at my local post office where they can even provide a box for me. If I went to the Fedex office tomorrow, would they be able to provide me with a box? Does anyone know?

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:56 pm

Meh, nevermind. I'll just go to the post office and pick up a box from there rather than sit and fret about it.

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:58 pm

See, they worked with you.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:04 pm

^_^ Yeah, thanks for suggesting it to me! Wish they had worked with me a little more, but hell, $20 off is still better than nothing!

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey, feel fortunate you got any money off at all. I have never heard of them doing that before, to be honest. :)

I am glad it worked out for you. The turnaround time shouldn't be too bad, either. I've had to send my Wii out a couple of times and they got it back to me very quickly. My experience with Nintendo has been very good in the customer service side.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:04 pm

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:06 pm

If they can't fix it, they give you a new one/re-furbished working ds instead. They are top-notch.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:13 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:29 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:37 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:52 pm

[ | | | | ]

170 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”