Recent Purchases Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

4960 posts
Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Recent Purchases Thread

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:17 am

Went on a Ys spree yesterday and now I have:

Ys I&II Chronicles+ on Steam

Ys III: The Oath in Felghana on PSP

Ys IV: Memories of Celceta on Vita
FC: 3952-7612-1296

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:18 am

I bought a 3DS online for cheaps. I just need to wait for it to be shipped over here. I can't wait.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:11 pm

You missed Ys Seven (PSP) and Ys Origin (Steam)? Don't worry about playing the games in order. Celceta takes place before Felghana for example, and the games are only loosely connected in the first place.
Also, the of Ys 5 was completed this week.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I bought the Etrian Odyssey: Forests Of Eternity, a few days ago (Which is that art book that came with pre-ordered EO3s), cause I must show my love for Etrian Odyssey in every way possible. I actually got it pretty cheap on Amazon, but with that price, i'm hoping that when it comes its not torn in half or missing every page but one or something. xD
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:39 pm

FC: 3952-7612-1296

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Most of my Christmas shopping.

And a cheap but quality tablet.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm

I love picking out gifts for people. ^3^

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 am

A unit of Widowmakers.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Christmas gifts! I've been purchasing things over the last several weeks and I really, really, really get a kick out of choosing gifts for people.

I got my brother a book by Tolstoy that I'm fairly certain he'll love. It's his Calendar of Wisdom, a compilation of daily readings taken from all manner of spiritual texts and such. I have a copy myself and love it.

Got my roommate Kelly a handbag she's been wanting that will help her build her Korean Pop Star wardrobe and some Rilakkuma stuff because she loves that darn bear. EDIT: Oh! And a copy of Doctor Sleep. Someone else is getting her The Shining 'cause she's always wanted to read it. :3

Leslie gets some t-shirts from Thinkgeek she's been wanting and some little Doctor Who stuff. EDIT: And if I can find it in time, I want to get her a leather bound copy of Pride and Prejudice, preferably from Easton Press.

Leslie's brother gets some Legos! For his Lego coffee mug.

Chris got all of the Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman DVDs currently available, plus a copy of House of Leaves.

I sent Mr. Shuford (he's kind of like an uncle except not actually related to me) some books I think he'll really like. They're all ones I've read and loved and he and I tend to share very similar reading tastes. He's getting Prince of Thorns, The Name of the Wind, Wool, and The Paladin Prophecy.

Getting people thoughtful gifts whenever I want to is pretty much the only reason I'd ever really want to be a millionaire.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Let's not pretend you wouldn't also open a giant-ass library or own your own cozy bookstore.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh, true. Let's change "the only reason" to "one of the main reasons," then. xD

And yeah, I'd do both of those things. And live in one of them.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Let's be honest, your library would actually be pretty small. Because you'd keep giving away your books after reading them.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:53 pm

My personal library, yes. Heh. I do tend to give my books away a lot.

But if I opened a real, public library, it would be both enormous and the bomb diggity.
B)

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Yay, my christmas present to myself arrived today :)

A really big anime haul, and I didn't even have to pay taxes/handling fees this time despite the value being way over €22. Lucky! :)

Appleseed (DVD)
New Dominion Tank Police (DVD)
Black Magic M-66 (DVD)

Everything for the Masamune Shirow fan. I actually wanted the Appleseed OVA, but this is the movie.

Blue Drop Complete Collection (DVD)
Kannazuki No Miko (aka Destiny Of The Shrine Maiden) Complete Collection (DVD)
K-On! The Movie (DVD)

Both Blue Drop and Kannazuki have sad () endings, and Kannazuki is rather fanservicey too, but lesbian characters are super rare in anime, and hey, these were cheap. The K-On! movie is DVD because I think that's good enough for K-On!'s art.

Gunslinger Girl ~ Il Teatrino The Complete Series (DVD)
Gunslinger Girl ~ Il Teatrino OVA (DVD)
The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky The Animation (BD)

I haven't actually seen either of these yet, but I liked (and own) the first Gunslinger Girl season and the Trails In The Sky game.

Shinigami No Ballad (aka Momo: The Girl God Of Death) Complete Collection (DVD)
Black Lagoon & Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage (BD+DVD)
Yuki Kajiura - Music Album Inspired By Boogiepop And Others (CD)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 pm

Retribution of Scyrah faction book came in the mail a couple days ago. :)

4960 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”